Logo
  Thursday, March 30, 2017
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Common Ancestry   
From: http://www.hindu.com/2000/10/11/stories/05111305.htm

a few years ago a Russian orientalist by name Prof. Ribakov from Moscow went to Kanchi to have the darshan and receive the blessings of the late Kanchi Paramacharya. The Paramacharya asked the Russian professor: ``Does not the northernmost part of Russia have more Sanskrit content in the language?'' The professor was stunned. This scholar, who came to ask questions, shed tears of joy at the very sight of the Paramacharya and was dumbfounded at the depth of his scholarship. The Paramacharya further explained to the Russian that Russia was called `Rishi Varsha' in ancient Indian geography, because it was the land where our Rishis like sage Yagnavalkya had their conference on the Vedas. This could further be corroborated by the fact that some women in the northernmost point of Russia have names like Lopamudrova, which is stunningly close to Lopamudra, wife of sage Agastya.

It may be recalled that during the Sankalpa (a solemn vow to perform an observance) at the time of Pooja, we frequently use the term Jambu Dweepa. This term actually means the entire region covering Asia and Europe, as is evidenced from descriptions in Puranic geography. Even today I understand that in the USSR while writing the postal address, the name of the country is written first and then followed by such specifications as the city, town, area, street number, etc., in that sequence. This is an ancient Hindu tradition which we follow even today during our daily Sankalpa in Pujas

Post Response 
1  |
Related Forums   
PUTIN and MEDVIEDIEV are idiots
P U T I N - H I T L E R
am a very good girl looking for real love
am a very good girl looking for real love
U.S. will send more than $1 billion to Georgia
U.S. is sending to a country of limited importance $1 billion while many poor Americans loose jobs, houses, food ...
misplaced hostility toward the USA
The facts are, the United States has lost its world power status, The rich business corporations have sold us off to ...
Deception and cover-up in massive Indian cult
For those interested in the topic of massive deception and cover-up, one may look at pictures of people killed in the ...
time time time is on my side.. yes it is.....
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*