Logo
  Monday, May 29, 2017
Sign-In  |  Sign-Up  |  Contact Us  |  Bookmark 

Common Ancestry   
From: http://www.hindu.com/2000/10/11/stories/05111305.htm

a few years ago a Russian orientalist by name Prof. Ribakov from Moscow went to Kanchi to have the darshan and receive the blessings of the late Kanchi Paramacharya. The Paramacharya asked the Russian professor: ``Does not the northernmost part of Russia have more Sanskrit content in the language?'' The professor was stunned. This scholar, who came to ask questions, shed tears of joy at the very sight of the Paramacharya and was dumbfounded at the depth of his scholarship. The Paramacharya further explained to the Russian that Russia was called `Rishi Varsha' in ancient Indian geography, because it was the land where our Rishis like sage Yagnavalkya had their conference on the Vedas. This could further be corroborated by the fact that some women in the northernmost point of Russia have names like Lopamudrova, which is stunningly close to Lopamudra, wife of sage Agastya.

It may be recalled that during the Sankalpa (a solemn vow to perform an observance) at the time of Pooja, we frequently use the term Jambu Dweepa. This term actually means the entire region covering Asia and Europe, as is evidenced from descriptions in Puranic geography. Even today I understand that in the USSR while writing the postal address, the name of the country is written first and then followed by such specifications as the city, town, area, street number, etc., in that sequence. This is an ancient Hindu tradition which we follow even today during our daily Sankalpa in Pujas

Post Response 
1  |
Related Forums   
Georgia sensorship at its best
Georgian authorities have blocked most access to Russian news broadcasters and websites since the outbreak of the ...
McCain Obama debate on Russia
What are these two men said about Russia in thier debate tonight? I missed the debate and wanted to know their ...
Some one else has posted under K
Some one else has posted under K. Those below are his/her posts: Hindu Religion in Russia Hindu is the most ...
Takes days to get help for Ike people
It takes days to get water to Ike affected area, it took only one day, 5 NAVY ships and 26 airplane landings to get ...
Sochi - zemlia ubyxos i olimpiada 2014
http://1k-tv.com/index-3-videoinfo-878
Russia
i think we need more communism... russia needs to bring back all the former soviet states and streighten its ...
More
Post Your Response
Your Name:*
LoginRegister
Subject:*
Type Message:*